SUPPORT OUR CHARITABLE PROGRAMS WITH YOUR
19th RIFLE CO., USMCR FOUNDATION
PO BOX 971523
EL PASO, TEXAS 79997
A NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 501 c 3 OF THE IRS
The 19th Rifle Company, United States Marine Corps Reserve, was a reserve unit headquartered on San Diego Street in central El Paso, Texas, during the years 1953 to 1962.
The 19th Rifle Company was retired in 1962 and was converted to the 4th-8 inch Howitzer Self-Propelled Battery, USMCR. Today it is known as Delta Rocket Battery, 2nd Bn, 14th Marines, USMCR.
When formed, members of the 19th Rifle Company included some World War II and Korean commissioned and non-commissioned combat veterans in the reserves and formerly active duty status.
Most served six months of active duty, went through and graduated from the 13 weeks of rigor and hardship known as “Boot Camp” at Marine Corps Recruit Depot in San Diego, California. Following boot camp, most 19th Company reservists also went through individual and advanced combat training at Camp Pendleton.
The members of the 19th Rifle Company reserve unit worked at sundry jobs and professions.
The 19th Rifle Co., USMCR Foundation was formed in 2003 to celebrate the 50th Anniversary (1953-2003) of the Reserve Unit.
Today, we have members who served in WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Persian Gulf War, Iraq, and Afghanistan.